Inscrit le: 26 Mai 2018
|Posté le: Mar 26 Juin - 11:32 (2018) Sujet du message: Gear Marks or Press Bouncing?
I'm facing some problem in gear marks on the vignette/gradiation, please refer below for some info:
1. Press: 4 color process running on a 18" completely new narrow web press with 12" repeat
2. Anilox: 1200lpi/2.3BCM, using UV ink, medium tape
3. Plate type: digital 0.017" with 60 Shore A
My questions are:
1. Is gear marks also known as press bouncing?
2. I was told that the design of the layout on the plate has impact on the gear marks problem, how shall I normally avoid this problem. The design of the plate consisted of a combination of Vignette in the center of the plate which left side is a test chart on gray balance while right side is a skin tone image.
3. And, I was also told that harder plate with 70 Shore A should solve the problem, but I thought softer plate should reduce the gear marks issue?
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
Creative Marketing Company